NewAir - New air ac-14100E does not work!

1.2
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I purchased this portable ac in December 2016 to use in remodeled garage. We only used it maybe a dozen times or so in first year.

June 2018 started spending more time in garage room and noticed unit only blowing fan air and not cooling. Company said 1 year warranty is passed and can’t do anything about it. This is almost literally a brand new machine hardly used. I have called several times and once they suggested to add Freon.

This machine is sealed and does not have a port to add Freon! Do Not buy this product; it does not work and company doesn’t help at all other than oh well too bad for you; out of $450!

I also bought an LG portable ac for our maintenance shed in 2016 and have never had a problem with it! NewAir horrible product and will never buy anything again from them!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Newair Ac 1400E Air Conditioner.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

NewAir Cigar Cooler CC-300

1.6
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Update by user Nov 14, 2017

Today I received another email from Elijah at NewAir, telling me he needed proof from me that this item was indead under warranty. This is odd because they have the information they drop shipped it to less than three weeks ago.

The email says that if the item is under warranty they can replace the damaged parts if I pay shipping and handeling on them. Wow I can even pay more for their product because it arrived damaged. Now looking into just returning the thing to to them. THANKS NEWAIR FOR TOTALLY SCREWING MY WIFE ON HER ANNIVERSARY PRESENT TO ME.

I feel bad shes so upset.

I will NEVER NEVER NEVER even consider this company for another purchase. Hope this review saves somone the same problems that we have experienced.

Original review posted by user Nov 13, 2017

My wife ordered this for me for a 30th anniversary present on October 18th 2017 from Wayfair. Let me make this clear this is not a problem with Wayfair.

This is a problem with NewAir, the manufacturer of this product. We were out of town when this arrived. I opened the box and noticed on of the slats in one of the drawers was cracked and there was scuffing on the stainless steel door. There was no damage on the box.

I called the manufacturer, NewAir, on November 3 2017 and spoke to a person who said her name was Frieda. I told her the problem and she pulled up the order on their system and she asked me to send her pictures and told me she would send out a replacement and told me she would include something extra for me keeping the item with the scuffed door. She was going to send me a replacement drawer. I waited a week and called back to find out what was happening.

I spoke to their representative and told him the problem. He told me that they had never received my email with the pictures and asked me to send it to him. I sent it to the exact same address support@newair.com that I sent the one that he said was not received. He varified my address, that they had with the order, and then sent me an email with the replacemet part.

I was told the scuffs on the door were too bad. For 400 dollars, I guess I was stupid to expect the cooler would arrive undamaged. Five days later I received an email asking me to provide them with a receipt before they could ship replacement parts. The thing that really makes me mad is he had a copy of my order, obviously it was drop shipped, and he told me they had everything they needed when I spoke with him.

At this point I called Wayfair, and they told me they would get me a replacement, they were super nice. Im waiting to get the part now. However in retrospect Im worried that if I have any problems with the product in the future I will get the same customer service from NewAir that I have experieced. It seems prudent if you are going to order one of these cigar coolers, no matter what the reviews on them are, to think about the customer service this company provides.

I would have ordered a Wytner, from Costco, because I know the customer service to expect from Costco. We were going to order a NewAir wine cooler untill this problem.

I would NEVER order another product made from NewAir in the future, I will order as often as I can from Wayfair. Its hard to show a clear picture of the damage to the door, but it is obvious enough that when my friends come over they all notice it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Newair Cc-300 Humidor.

• Cigar Humidor